Tuesday, November 15, 2011

U.S. Marine Corps

So many things have happened in the past couple of weeks and I wish I was better about blogging more frequently....so there might be several posts in a row to update all on what is happening at my house.
On Wednesday, October 26 I was making dinner when my son told me that he had finally figured out what he wanted to do for college. (He is a high school senior and has been seemingly dragging his feet...at the expense of my frustration).  My eyes lit up as I asked him what he had decided on.  He proceeded to hand me a U.S. Marine Corps Brochure.  My first response?  I started to cry...not because I don't support him but for a mom, when you hear your son say that, your instant thought is "He is going to go to war and die".  After my initial shock and after telling dad.  We had some good family talks over the next few days.  He has been thinking about this for over a year...I am so proud of my son and his desire to serve this country.  Freedom is not free and I understand that even more now that my son is willing to give it all for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment