Monday, October 31, 2011

Basketball...being played somewhere


So I finally got to see my nephews, Connor (#16) and Cooper (#14), play basketball.  They are nine year old twins.  It was so much fun to watch them play.  They play in a Christian league so the game was in the auditorium of a Baptist church.  It was a nice time for mine and my sister's family to connect. I had neglected to be as connected to my sister and her family recently....I felt guilty for my neglect of my relationship with my sister, especially since she has been going through some extremely difficult times lately.  This simple gesture meant more to her than I imagined.  Since then we have gone to breakfast together...pumpkin pancakes!! and talked several times.  I had not realized how much I missed my sister...and we live maybe 10 miles apart...

May I never forget the people in my life again.  I pray that I will always hold them close and cherish them.  I pray that you cherish your family and friends and tell them often how much they mean to you.  Better yet, show them!

No comments:

Post a Comment