Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Manifest


    God's Manifest Presence...a study I am currently in talks about God's manifest presence.  What is that? Being the curious one I am I looked manifest up in the dictionary.  There are three definitions. 1. Readily perceived by the senses and especially by the sight. 2. Easily understood or recognized by the mind.  These definitions come from a Latin word meaning flagrant.  I really like that...how much more obvious could God be if His presence is FLAGRANT in our lives?!  Synonyms are: apparent, clear cut, CRYSTAL CLEAR, distinct, evident, lucid, and LUMINOUS.  Emphasis is on the ones that really stood out to me and made me understand the presence God should have in my life.  3. To make evident or certain by showing or displaying.  Synonyms are: declare, demonstrate, display and reveal.
     God wants me to physically know that He is there in my mind and heart.  His presence is flagrant.  He wants me to know with crystal clear understanding the He is present in my life in a very real way.  He makes my life luminous because of His presence.  He reveals and displays His presence in my life.  So when I don't "feel" God in my life or I don't think He is present it's because I am not looking for Him...not spending time hungering for Him...     but He just waits for me, patiently, mercifully, graciously, for me to turn aside and seek Him.  That is a humbling thought for me and I am striving to seek Him at all times.
     This may sound silly, but when I am in my car on the way to work I turn off the radio and talk to God.  I pretend that Jesus is my car pool buddy and we talk about my plans for the day, my struggles and my hopes and dreams for the future.  It is comforting to know that I am not alone on my way to work and helps me to pray without ceasing throughout the day.  So I challenge you today to turn off the noise, be still and talk to your car pool buddy...He is ALWAYS there.


No comments:

Post a Comment